Monday, February 13, 2012

Does anyone have a recipe for a pear liqueur called kruskava (sp?}?

Someone gave me some homemade pear liqueur called kruskava (kroos-kuh-vuh)? I have no idea how to spell it. I remember it was delicious, and I have tried to make pear liqueur with the recipes that call for pears steeped in brandy, but they aren't close. Maybe this was actual fermented pears. What kind and how do you make it? Does anyone know the proper spelling? Thanks in advance.
Does anyone have a recipe for a pear liqueur called kruskava (sp?}?
2 big pears, sliced

1 pinch cinnamon (or 1/2" cinnamon stick)

1 clove

3 cups vodka

1 cup sugar syrup

Steep 2 weeks, strain and filter, add syrup, age 2 months



Note: Very light, subtle taste; not a good, hearty liqueur like I prefer. Sometimes entirely too thin.



Variations:



Bosc vs. Anjou pears: I can't tell

V1: 3" stick cinnamon (whole stick): cinnamon totally overpowers pear taste

V2: Standard above, plus pinch ground coriander and pinch ground nutmeg: no further notations...





--------------------------------------...

No comments:

Post a Comment