Monday, February 13, 2012

Please can someone help me save my Cleveland Pear Tree?

MY LEAVES WERE TURNING YELLOW AND BROWN SO I WATERED IT AND PUT FERTILIZER STICKS IN THE GROUND AROUND IT. THE NEXT DAY I HAD MOSTLY BROWN LEAVES WITH VERY FEW GREEN MIXED IN. IT DIDN'T FLOWER THIS SPRING FOR SOME REASON.ALSO THE BARK AT THE BASE IS STARTING TO SEPERATE FROM THE TRUNK. PLEASE HELP ME SAVE MY TREE!!!!
Please can someone help me save my Cleveland Pear Tree?
I know that working with some trees and plants that yellow leaves are an indicator of excessive watering. Sometimes the tree puts out more leaves than it needs and then some of them die when it realizes it made too many. As for the bark sounds like too much water. If you fertilize when it is in shock like it is could be more of a problem. Let it be and see what it does.
Reply:Sounds like it could have a few causes. Try the link for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment