Friday, January 27, 2012

My young pear tree flowered and produced last yr and this, but the fruit gets no bigger than a marble.Help!?

It sounds like it didn't get fertilized properly. Unfortunately, with the die-off in bee populations in the last two years, I suspect this is a problem we'll be seeing more of before it gets better.



Bees are suffering from an ailment called "colony collapse," and at present there's no certainty as to what's causing it. Interestingly enough, I've been seeing more bumblebees and other large bees in my area lately (western Washington), so it will be interesting to see if other species fill in the gap.



All I can suggest is NOT spraying any chemicals that will kill bees, and hoping for the best - we all rely on them!
  • moisturizing cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment