Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pruning a Pear tree?

Will i risk seriously damaging my Conference Pear tree if I remove one bow now while it is fruiting? The problem bow (one of three) overhangs my Koi pond and i do not want all the fruit falling into it as the rotting fruit may harm the fish.

Thanks
Pruning a Pear tree?
No, you won't seriously damage it. You usually prune after all the fruit has gone, whilst the tree is dormant %26amp; just before flowering.

So completely wrong time of year, but it should be able to recover as long as you make sure the cut is clean and doesn't get infected.
Reply:I don't know about the pruning, however, do you eat/use the fruit? If so, preempt the fall by picking the fruit before it gets to that point of ripeness. If you don't use it, I am sure there is someone in your area who would love to get those pears (I would take them.. you aren't in TN are you?). Check out the yahoo groups freecycle for your area and put up a post for someone to get them, I am sure they will go like hot cakes.
  • skin creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment