Thursday, February 9, 2012

I have an older pear tree that is rotting at the trunk and needs trimed or topped .?

When is the best time to prun top or trim? Also is there anything that can be done to to save the trunk?
I have an older pear tree that is rotting at the trunk and needs trimed or topped .?
why would you consider topping or pruning a tree that has a rotting trunk?? the tree is probably beyond help,, call a tree surgeon and get help or remove the tree,,, plant a younger one and in a couple of years you will be back in the pear business,,,
Reply:I trim my fruit trees in the winter Nov to Jan. If the trunk is rotting it maybe infested with bugs worms the wood peckers my be working on it and the ants can be working on it if its not to far gone and you want to keep it my grand father used cement patches tar patches something to seal out the bugs.good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment