Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is Pear Tree wood ok for my hamster?

There are these Peach Tree chews sold on Petco. It says they are toxic to Chinchillas. Is it okay for Hamsters
Is Pear Tree wood ok for my hamster?
Pear wood is NOT toxic to chinchillas (Peach would IS toxic to small animals)..... I think the pear wood is fine for small animals.



http://www.geocities.com/therodentguy/he...
Reply:Personally, I don't trust any kind of wood with hamsters. I had a hamster one time that was chewing on a chew stick, broke off a small piece of the wood and choked on it!! luckily, I was watching him and kinda gave him the hamster Heimlich Maneuver..lol . Now, I use Chew Biscuits (you can get them at Petco) and those chew sticks that have seeds and nuts on them. My hamster and rat both love those. Good luck and hope I helped.
Football Shoes
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment